AgIoT is modular and open source IoT solution for agrofood domain. AgIoT is open source IoT solution that can be applied to the domain of Agrifood, that is interoperable with ISOBUS and FIWARE standards and portable solutions for different contexts application.
AgIoT module with Sensor Add-on will enable:
- Update agricultural machinery and tools to acquired crop (Canopy, Water Stress,..) information during their normal operation
- Update agricultural machinery and tools with variable rate technologies for higher levels of precision during the fertilization and spraying treatments. (by using geolocalisation, including Galileo and EGNOS (the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service) receivers.
- Conventional agricultural machinery and implements to operate under prescription maps (ISO-XML files) obtained from FMIS and DSS apps.
- Old agricultural machinery and tools understand prescription maps (ISO-XML files) obtained from FMIS and DSS apps.
- on IOT farm structure (interoperable standards) where any standard ag sensor and actuator may be connect to acquire information about soil, water, macro-nutrientes, crops (connected systems can talk to each other)
- In-field real time monitoring of pests and diseases
- Alerts concerning insufficient water level in the field and precision irrigation
- LoRan, NB-IOT and WiFi infrastructure in all farm pilot
- Introduce optical sensors to monitor crop growth and phenology.
- Develop decision support systems for optimization of water and energy usage
Using the Sensor Add-on identified above, the following parameters for field monitoring can be measured:
- irrigation scheduling (frequency and duration of watering)
- NPK quantification
- Dynamic of Canopy Size and shape
- Soil moisture
- Soil temperature
- Chlorophyll Concentration Index
- Leaf wetness
- Air Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Soil pH
- Crop reflectance and vegetation indices (e.g. NDVI/EVI/EVA
- Radiation (PAR included)PAR
- Lef area index LAI
- Plant diseases and main vectors detection
- Biomass and yield and production related parameters
- Product quality analysis
- Soil analysis for macronutrients and minerals
- Crop growth, canopy dynamics and phenology
This modular and open-source IoT based technologies (AgIoT) can upgrade conventional machinery with variable rate technologies (relevant for small farmers) to reach higher levels of precision during the fertilization and spraying treatments. (AgIoT) IoT is being developed considering open source farm structure (interoperable standards) where any standard ag sensor and actuator may be connect to acquire ag information (soil, weather, water, macro-nutrientes, crops, pest and diseases, vegetation dynamics) in static farm spots or during machinery operations. ).